Hey everyone! So my amazing brother kinda encouraged me to update my old blog after I read his. He is doing amazing over in Iraq, serving our nation. So Logan, this blog is for you!

Monday, January 28, 2008

White, white, more white....and a dash of ash!

The Lord Is Wonderful....ain't HE? I remember as a kid we used to make up reasons for snow (ie- God has dandruff!). It truly is an amazing, yet dangerous wonder that God has created. It's beautiful, yet could kill a man in an instant. Snow can be held as a small picture of the things of this world. They may look beautiful and seem benevolent, but are disasterous to your spiritual life. When you drive on snow or ice, you have to stay mega alert. You can slip at any moment (know this from personal experience) or an animal can jump out and then it's good night charlie! The same goes for temtation...you have to keep your guard up to evils that will corrupt you, because it is so easy to slip. well i was gonna do a picture too, but my internet has been funky lately so....

Matthew 7: 13 & 14: (KJV)
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

12 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks, Hannah, I've never thought of snow like that before.

I just love the fact that, as long as you look harder enough, I think you can find a spiritual application or metaphor most anywhere. God is an awesome creator!

Anonymous said...

Thats a great comparison. I never thought of snow like that. But its true. I've been slipping in snow before too! Its fun. but it can be dangerous.

Jane said...

I like bananaaaasss! Because they have no bones! (You're suposed to sing it. It's a song.)

Hannahj11 said...

well...join now at Banana Total Fitness Center today and enjoy a month free of membership!

Anonymous said...

I HATE BANANAS!!!!!!! They stink everything up! CHIPSS!!!! SODA!!!! cookies!!!

Jane said...

Being so contrary must be a guy thing...

Hannahj11 said...

do you like banana bread???? i heart banana bread..it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside...especially when it is warm out of the oven and the butter melts on top...hmmmmm

Jane said...

You're making me crave!

Rachel Marie said...

Oh my goodness! you guys are scaring me! I don't know if I ever even heard a guy talk about food that way!.... except my brother and he doesn't count.

fullyrandom said...

cool nice awsome

Hannahj11 said...

hey johnny!! long time bro!

fullyrandom said...

yea ae